The year 2016 witnessed a lot of opulence, drama and creativity. The bridal looks were extremely stunning and aesthetically beautiful. The bridal couture, especially when we talk about FDCI’s India Couture Week, 2016, the bridal couture ensemble displayed India’s top-notch designers was completely astonishing and eye-catching. From makeup to couture, everything was just amazing.
Let’s take a throwback moment here and look upon the 10 best bridal looks of 2016, straight from the India Couture Week 2016 collection:
- Manish Malhotra: The daunted king of bridal couture of India, Manish Malhotra casted his spell and magic when he owned the ramp with his mesmerizing collection of bridal couture. Having said that, his unique way of displaying bridal look and keeping the minimal makeup totally stole the show!
- Anita Dongre: Yet another bridal couture, we bring you by Anita Dongre’s “Epic Love” collection straight from ICW’2016, where the makeup trend became a huge success. The trick of pink blush made the entire ensemble was something to look out for. Well, she did own the ramp.
- Tarun Tahiliani: Bringing the ode to “The Last Dance of the Courtseans”, ace designer Tarun Tahiliani made heads turn with his royal bridal couture collection at the India Couture Week, 2016. The
- Rohit Bal: From the era of “Kehkahshaan” displayed by Rohit Bal at the India Couture Week, 2016, the couture was inspired by royalty and highness. From hair-tied to bold makeup, everything seemed so on point and breathtaking. Awestruck now, isn’t it?
- Rahul Mishra: Known famous for his intricate designs, designer Rahul Mishra left no stone unturned in displaying the aesthetics and beauty of bridal couture at ICW’2016. Jacketed-style tailored lehenga along with flower work, Rahul Mishra did stole the attention with his “Monsoon Diaries” couture collection.
- Varun Bahl: Using floral prints and a versatile colour palette, ace designer Varun Bahl showcased his ‘Vintage Garden’ collection which reinvents customary silhouettes for contemporary Indian woman at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016.
- Gaurav Gupta: Known famous for his contemporary silhouettes blend with Indian couture collection, Gaurav Gupta’s collection titled Scape song displayed a glittery eye make-up. The silhouettes were mixed with a lot of drapes and intelligent construction.
- Manav Gangwani: With his epic couture collection “Begum-e-Jannat”, Manav Gangwani captured the era of the Mughals and the royal age effortlessly with flowing kaftans, intricately designed lehengas.
- Anamika Khanna: Designer Anamika Khanna is famous for her intricate embellishments and aesthetically beautiful designs. At the India Couture Week, 2016, she made sure of it. Every bit and every inch seemed to be mesmerizing. Hair, makeup and ensemble – everything seemed so perfect.
- Reynu Taandon: The “Kamangiri” collection by designer Reynu Taandon seemed every bit of a dream come true for the young brides out there! The silhouettes reflected Rajasthani heritage with usage of foil paintings, block prints on khadi fabrics. The makeup was minimal, yet it never seemed to overshadow the beauty of the couture collection.